Our mission is to provide a clean, healthy, safe, positive, and fun environment for dogs. To ensure the safety and health of your dog(s) and the other dogs under our care, we require all of our clients to comply with the following:
- All dogs must be 4 months or older. They must be spayed or neutered by 7 months.
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations. Owners must submit written proof that their dog(s) have received Rabies, Distemper, and Bordatella (kennel cough).
- All dogs must be in good health. Clients need to certify that their dog(s) are in good health and have not been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days. On admission, all dogs must be free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other dogs. Dogs who have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or readmitted.
- All dogs must be non-aggressive towards people or other dogs. Clients will need to certify that their dog(s) have not harmed or shown any aggression or threatening behavior towards any person or any other dog. Please remember that your dog will be spending a lot of time with other dogs and that their safety and health is our main concern.
- A trial day of daycare is required for all dogs. We do not do trial days on the weekends.
- All dogs must not be able to jump a 6-foot privacy fence.
- All dogs must have a collar with a quick release snap. No choke chains allowed.
- All clients must fill out a complete, up-to-date application.
- Fees for new clients are due and payable at drop off. Established customers can pay at pickup. We accept Cash, Discovery, MaserCard, and Visa.
- Reservations are required. A cancelation fee may be charged if your reservation is not canceled 12 hours in advance for daycare or 24 hours for overnight boarding.
- A late charge of $1 per minute may be charged if an employee has to stay late to accommodate you.
HOLIDAY POLICY: We require a non-refundable deposit of 2 nights for any holiday reservation. If your plans change and you need to cancel up to 14 days prior to your reservation, we will keep the deposit as a credit for a future service. If you cancel within 14 days of your reservation it will be converted to a cancellation fee.
By submitting the above form you agree to the following:
– I understand and agree that I am solely responsible for the behavior and acts of my dog. I am financially responsible for any damage or injury caused by my dog(s) while my dog(s) are attending Rover Retreat Daycare and/or Boarding programs. I agree to indemnify Rover Retreat against any and all claims for injuries or illness arising out of the boarding and keeping of my dog(s).
– I understand and agree that Rover Retreat shall not be liable for any costs, injuries, or damage; including, but not limited to, the loss of my dog(s), relating to or resulting from its escape from the fenced area of the facility except in the case of gross negligence by Rover Retreat.
– I understand and agree that due to the inherent nature of dogs, my dog(s) may injure itself or be injured by another dog despite the exercise of reasonable and diligent care by Rover Retreat, and hereby voluntarily assume the risk of any such damage or injury.
– You will be contacted if we seek veterinary care for your dog(s). I understand and agree that IF WE CANNOT REACH YOU any problem that develops with my dog(s) will be treated as deemed best by the staff at Rover Retreat at their sole discretion, and that I assume full financial responsibility for any and all expenses incurred due to illness.
– I understand and agree that if my dog dies while in the care of Rover Retreat, the staff will deliver my dog to my veterinarian to be held unless otherwise instructed.
– I understand and agree that during my dog(s) stay at Rover Retreat, he/she will be in direct contact with other dogs in the common area. I understand that in any group environment dogs may be exposed to communicable diseases, just like kids in school. This includes (but is not limited to) illnesses like kennel cough. You are encouraged to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about this with a Rover Retreat employee. As hard as we work to prevent illness through vaccinations, cleaning and sanitizing, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR DOG WILL NOT BECOME SICK!
– Per state regulations, dogs from separate households cannot be kenneled together EVEN IF BOTH OWNERS REQUEST IT. Dogs from the same household will be kenneled together unless specifically requested otherwise.
– I understand that Rover Retreat provides various types of kennels. We strive to make your dog(s) as possible. Some dogs are more comfortable in a space with a cover and some are not. If we see any discomfort in your dog we will try various alternatives – including crates – to see where your dog is most comfortable. We always try a new situation for a dog over nap time during the week to make sure they are resting. If you do NOT want us to try your dog in a crate, please inform us now.
– I understand and agree that if I request my dog to be bathed that he or she may be tethered during the bathing process to keep them from jumping out of the tub. At no time will my dog be left unattended while tethered.
– If your dog is on medication we must comply with state law, which reads: “Boarding/training facilities acting as agents for the owner may administer prescription medication to pet animals being boarded as directed by the owner’s veterinarian. If the operators agrees to administer the prescription medications, the medications must be in the original container issued by the veterinarian or pharmacy and administered according to label directions. The label must include: client name/ pet name, dosage, drug name, veterinarian’s name, and date issued.
– I understand and agree that if my dog is not picked up within 3 days of the expected pick-up date and the staff has not been notified of a new pick-up date, or you are not able to reach me or my emergency contact, Rover Retreat has the right to consider my dog(s) abandoned, and deliver my dog(s) to the nearest animal shelter.
– I understand that nay pictures taken of my dog while in the care of Rover Retreat are the sole property of Rover Retreat and those images may be used for marketing purposes. This may include, but is not limited to, pictures in the lobby, the website, Facebook and other social media and placement in marketing materials at the sole discretion of Rover Retreat. At any time, you may request images of your dog and they will be provided to you for your use.
– I understand and agree that the rules and regulations shall be incorporated herein by this reference and become a binding part of this agreement. I certify that I have read and understand the rules and regulations set forth on this page and that I have read and understand this agreement. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations and accept the terms, conditions and statements of this agreement.
In addition, please also complete the Behavioral Questionaire before your first stay with Rover Retreat.