Rover Retreat is a premium Dog Boarding resort located Golden, CO convenient to Arvada and Lakewood as well as serving the entire Jefferson County and surrounding area. Area dog owners prefer bringing their pets to Rover Retreat for overnight dog boarding because we are not your typical dog kennel. Our experienced pet-loving staff will treat your pets like family while giving them the care and attention they deserve. Your dog can expect to spend the day with other dogs of the same temperament, closely supervised by our caring staff. Likes, dislikes, best friends, or that special place to scratch, our staff works hard to get to know your dog’s personality. We want your best friend’s entire stay with us to be enjoyable, whatever that entails!
Trustworthy Dog Boarding in Golden, CO
At Rover Retreat, we understand that you need to leave your pets with someone you can trust. Pet owners in the Golden, CO area have trusted us to care for their dogs since 2003. We make taking care of your pet our number one priority by providing expert care and attention from our caring, experienced and certified staff.
- Safe, clean, private and spacious overnight accommodations with a soft bed mat or raised cot bed
- Strict vaccination policies to ensure your pet’s health during his or her stay
- Extended staff hours to ensure proper supervision throughout your pet’s entire stay
- Daily housekeeping services with strict cleaning protocols and a clutter-free environment
- Year round climate-controlled rooms
- Meals served twice daily or as requested (high quality food provided or bring your own) and fresh water at all times
- Soothing music playing 24/7 throughout our entire facility
- A complete report about your dog’s experience with us upon departure
- Opportunities to have your pet participate in fun activities; enjoy yummy treats, pampering brush-outs, and full-spa services and much more! (See more details below or give us a call today!)
Our indoor play area is climate controlled and kept very clean and safe. We have a large garage door that is open most of the day so dogs can do in and out as they please. Our outdoor play area has plenty of shade to keep our friends cool in the summer and dry in the winter. Our large windows and all-day access to our outdoor yard gives your dog the natural light he or she needs throughout the day. Our secure, fenced in facility is restricted from outsiders and limited only to staff members so that you can be sure that your pet is safe with us. Our facility is monitored 24/7 with smoke and fire detection systems.
We can rest assured that Skippy will be carefully cared for by his ‘Other Moms’ just the same as he is treated by us. We love the fact that Skippy is having a wonderful time whether it is for daycare or while we are away on vacation. Thanks for making this Skippy’s favorite place and home away from home.
At Rover Retreat, your pets are our first priority and it shows!
- Voted Top 5 Best Pet Boarding 2014 in Denver by CityVoter
- Recommended by leading Colorado veterinarians
- Licensed by the Colorado Department of Agriculture
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau and committed to meeting high standards of care for our guests
- Highly recommended by customers in formal surveys and local review sites
- The owner has served on the Board of the Colorado Association of Dog Daycares
To get started with your stay with Rover Retreat, please visit our Boarding Policies page for additional information.
Special Activities, Exercise and Companionship for your Dog
Because Canines are so social, activity and/or human interaction is key to their well-being – especially while away from home. So we’ve developed discounted activity or interaction packages so you can choose which one is right for your dog.
- Supervised fun playtimes and activities customized for your pet, including group play
- Play yards equipped with splash pools, misters, and sprinklers for dogs that like romping water
- Opportunities to play and socialize with other dogs SAFELY under trained staff supervision
Individualized Care For Your Pet
We provide bowls, blankets, and a treat for nap time and bed time during your dog’s boarding stay. We can provide our food if you don’t want to bring yours. We feed a premium food, including a sensitive stomach formula for dogs with intestinal sensitivity. You are also welcome to bring a special toy or bed to make your dog feel more at home. Please make sure any belongings are safe to wash in case they get dirty.
If there is something else your dog requires, such as medication, we can also administer them with clear instructions from you. Please note that prescription medications must be in the original prescribed bottle and we are required by law to follow the instructions on the bottle. If your veterinarian has modified those instructions please have them provide the new instructions for us in writing. Also, please advise us of any conditions we should be aware of, such as seizures or allergies. Supplements and over the counter medications do not need to be in the original packaging.
Veterinary Needs and Vaccination Requirements
If there is something else your dog requires, such as medication, we can also administer them with clear instructions from you. Please note that prescription medications MUST be in the original prescribed bottle and we are required by law to follow the instructions on the bottle. If your veterinarian has modified those instructions please have them provide the new instructions for us in writing. Also, please advise us of any conditions we should be aware of, such as seizures or allergies. Supplements and over the counter medications do not need to be in the original packaging. Our Reservation Specialist will review our vaccination requirements and other policies with you when making your reservation. If your dog has allergies and can not have regular treats or food, please bring a these items from home. We do not carry hypoallergenic food or treats because of the variety of allergies that exist.
Accommodations for Special Needs Guests
Each dog is unique. At Rover Retreat, we understand each dog boarding guest may require different accommodations or care based on breed, age, personality or special needs. Please discuss any special requests with us when you make your reservation and we’ll be happy to make your pet’s stay exceptional.
If your dog has allergies and cannot have regular treats or food, please bring a these items from home. We do not carry hypoallergenic food or treats because of the variety of allergies that exist.